Learn how to play B-Diminished or Bdim Chord properly on the Guitar in this easy step-by-step lesson.
Bdim Chord Chart Guitar
How To Play Bdim or B diminished Chord On Guitar
Bdim Chord is a 3 String Chord. To Play Bdim Chord on Guitar:
- Place Your First Finger on First Fret, First String.
- Place Your Middle Finger on Third Fret, Second String.
- Place Your Ring Finger on Fourth Fret, Third String.
- Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Strings are not played.
Notes In an Bdim or B-Diminished Chord
Notes played in an Bdim Chord are B, D and F.
- Root Note B is played on the 3rd string.
- D note is played on the 2nd String and is the Minor Third Interval of the A Major scale.
F note is played on the 1st string of the guitar and is a Tritone Interval of the A Major scale.
Diminished Chord Formula
The Diminished chord formula is 1-b3-b5.
B diminished triad is simply the major triad with the Third and Fifth Intervals flattened by a semitone (half-step).
To play an Bdim triad chord, the Root, Minor Third Interval and Minor Sixth Interval of an A Major Scale are played together.
B diminished / Bdim Chord Variations or Different Shapes
Bdim Chord On Stave
Bdim Chord Guitar Tabs